Tuesday, March 3, 2009

google yourself

Yes, I have googled myself before, I find that I can find the most websites by putting in "Lindsey Nielsen Animal" since almost all my online publications are in regards to something animal related.

Well, I got a big boost of self confidence today. I have the list of all the interns I will be starting with at Darien in June. I googled all of their names followed by the school they are at and "veterinary student". Of the 9 I googled, I found stuff for 5, one is actually the daughter of a famous washington post columnist, so she wasn't on any websites, but her dad was and she was mentioned in some of them. Another was a co-manager at the wildlife clinic at her school. Another spent 2 months with the humane society on a mission in Latin America spaying and neutering dogs. And the last was on a veterinary school basketball league that one a tournament. I really wanted to find pics, but it was neat reading small parts about the people I will be spending most of the next year getting to know well.

Then out of curiosity, I googled "Lindsey Nielsen Tufts Veterinary Student" since I had never googled that before and wanted to see what others would find if they did the same for me. I was pleased that the first 6 slots were all publications or references in Tufts magazines to the things I have done around campus. I still wish I have done more in the last 4 years, but having that much come up on a google search made me feel a little better about myself.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Do you know how many "Jessica Kim Murphy"s there are out there? A lot!