Sunday, July 18, 2010

Big Day Tomorrow

Tomorrow is my first day at Angell when I will actually see patients. I am super excited and nervous at the same time. I just have to remind myself that I learned a shitload in the last year and I know more then I think I do. I also need to remind myself that the reason I am doing a residency is to become an expert, to learn the pathophys behind everything, and see as much as possible, so if I see something I have never seen before I should know by now not to panic, but to approach it like every other first time case.

After a weekend of reading journal articles and organizing my journal articles at work I am ready to see some patients again. But these next three years will be a change in responsibility. More reading then ever before, more presentations, more responsibility teaching and supervising others, and more need to stay motivated and work hard outside of work since there will also be more days off : )

First things first tomorrow, and next week for that matter: tackling the Angell computer system!

No comments: