Sunday, July 29, 2012

When I'm done....

Getting closer and closer to finishing the residency (one more year!!!) and fantasizing about what I will do when I am done. Pretty certain I will be moving, not likely to get a job in Boston which is sad since Boston is such a nice area, but it will be fun to move. I will probably have to work swing shifts or weekends, or both, but here are some things I would like to do when I have more time off and a more set schedule (and hopefully reasonable, since i am scheduled a minimum of 60 hours a week now and frequently am there late working longer hours than that). 1. Run 40+ miles a week and train for one marathon a year (more if I can handle it). 2. Have every other weekend off- Mark has put up with my shit schedule for over 4 years by the time I finish, I can work some weekends, but hope to have 50% off with him a year. 3. Pay off my 200K in student loans within 10 years. 4. Go on at least one international vacation a year. 5. Join a volleyball league. 6. Join a gym and actually interval and cross train (i always say I want to and never do it, and I know it will make me a better runner). 7. Publish at least one research paper every other year. (If I land a job in academia my goal will be 1-2 a year). 8. Be able to afford buying xmas and bday presents for all my family. 9. Get a second dog (ideally a basset hound from basset rescue). 10. Cook at least one new recipe a week (I already do this most weeks so should be easy to continue).

No comments: