Thursday, July 7, 2011

wow it's been a busy week...



This last week really feels like summer with all that has been happening.
Last week I was on "PD" which stands for personal development. Basically I spend the week working on reading literature and working on any presentations I have coming up. However, on Wednesday it was "The Roast" which is the big party they throw for all the graduating interns and residents. One of the second year residents would have been working so I switched with him and worked 1p-1a on Wednesday. I came in to work the next day at 9:30 so that I could attend the official graduation for all the leaving interns and residents. Then I put in a full day's work and at 6pm went to a local bar with Quinny to discuss potential research projects. We came up with a decent amount of ideas.
Got home at 8pm. On Friday I put in a half day and Friday night was wine night. It went well, except for the first time ever I ran out of food and felt horrible about it. Everyone left at 10pm except Ryan and Julie too, which was weird.
On Saturday we drove to Maine to see Mark's family, we left at 10:30am and got there at 1:30, then stayed until 6pm.
We came home and at 9pm went out with some more of Mark's friends for drinking and dancing. It was a little tiring, stayed out until midnight.
Then on Sunday we relaxed a bit. We saw Super 8. We got asked to go out again but called it a night at 10pm.
On Monday I didn't get home from work until 7:45, but then we packed up some stuff and went to the Esplanade. We watched the fireworks on a blanket surrounded by thousands of people with Josh and Caitlin. Despite being SO tired, it was worth it, although not sure if I will go next year. They estimated somewhere between 400-800,000 people there, and walking home was a bitch- didn't get home until 12:30am.
Tuesday I worked another full day, getting home at 7:30.
Then on Wednesday we went to visit Mark's dad in the hospital after his surgery and grabbed some drinks with Gersh in the evening.
Today (Thursday) has been the first low key day this week. Didn't get nearly as much work done as I wanted with regards to stuff from work, but I hopefully will have more time next week on elective.

For food at the wine night I made two dishes from Vegan Yum Yum.
The first was an asparagus tart: http://veganyumyum.com/2008/09/asparagus-and-white-bean-pesto-tart/
I personally didn't think it was that great, and the puff pastry burnt a little.
But then I made the classic pistashio pesto pasta, and it was a hit, good as always:
http://veganyumyum.com/2007/05/pistachio-arugula-pesto-with-penne-and-sauteed-broccolini/

No comments: