Wednesday, August 10, 2011

asparagus and brocollini with fake beef soy dish



This was a unique, modifed dish from a yum yum recipe, and I swear, it tastes a lot better then it looks (I forgot to take a picture so this was the 3rd day leftover that I took a picture of).
First I made some cous cous for the rice part of the dish.
Then for the main dish-
Ingredients:
1 package of your choice fake meat (I used fake beef cubes)
2 Tbs Oil
2 Tbs Garlic
1 TBs crushed red pepper flakes
1 package of brocollini chopped
1 package of asparagus, chopped
1 Tbs Brown Sugar
3 Tbs Soy Sauce
1 Tbs Rice Vinegar
2 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1 TBs Sesame Seeds

Directions:
Fry the fake meat, brocollini, and asparagus with the sesame oil.
Add in the garlic and red pepper flakes once the veggies are tender.
Add the sugar, soy sauce, and rice vinegar just prior to removing from heat. Toss.
Mix with sesame seeds and 1 more teaspoon sesame oil. Serve over the cous cous.

No comments: