Wednesday, September 26, 2012

another version of vegan fried rice

Not sure why I tried this version of vegan fried rice, I think cause i had brown rice in the house I wanted to use, but it was super tasty, probably really unhealthy though, packed with calories I am sure. In 1 TBSp peanut oil fried some sliced up tofu or fake chicken, for this recipe I used trader joe's fake chicken strips. Once browned remove from oil. Cook the rice as usual while you are doing this. A 3 TBsp peanut oil to wok and fry some chopped white onion in it until translucent. Once translucent add 1 TBsp ginger and 4 TBsp garlic; then add 2 cups brocolli, 3 red bell peppers chopped in to small pieces (I had one red, yello, and orange bell pepper), 2 cups shitake mushrooms, 1 package of shredded carrots, 1/2 cup frozen peas to the wok. Cook through. Then add the fake chicken and rice to the wok. Mix well and stir in 6 TBsp soy sauce, 2 TBsp rice wine, 1 TBsp mirin, and some pepper to taste. Then enjoy! I definitely loved it!

No comments: