Sunday, December 9, 2012

Los Angeles vacation

So even though my last post was about how insanely busy I have been, which is true, I must admit Mark and I took our first vacation in over 1.5 years last week. So I shouldn't complain. I had a great time. We went to LA and stayed at the apartment of our friends Ryan and Witt, and had an amazing time. The first day we were pretty tired from traveling and just relaxed/wandered around. For dinner we had vegan chinese food (I had a great fake duck dish). The first full day out we went to the Hollywood Mountain, saw the observatory and sign there. We then stopped by the Hollywood Blvd stars and Chinese theater, which was ok.The next day we went to the Simon Norton museum in Pasedena, which ended up being my favorite museum in LA. For dinner we went to Hugo's which had amazing vegan options, I got a vegan burger with mushrooms, daiya cheese, and BBQ sauce- AMAZING. Monday we went to Venice Beach and walked around and up to the pier which was beautiful. We also stopped at this Ale House restaurant for lunch where i Had a TATA- tempeh, arugala, tomato and avocado sandwich, super tasty. That night we went to an indian restaurant for dinner which was delish. On Tuesday I drove to Tusten with Mark for a pseudo-interview at a hospital, which was ok. Then we drove further south to Temecula Valley and stopped at two different wineries for wine tasting. We stopped at Mount Palomar, which was not that great, and then Weins, which had SUPERB wine but over my price tag. We then went to an italian restaurant in the valley for dinner before driving back, which was super fun. On Wednesday we went to the Getty, then drove out to Malibu Beach for the afternoon, wandering up and down the beach of a state park (and I saw dolphins!). That evening we came back in to LA and for dinner went to a sushi restaurant with witt and ryan, and they had SUPER cheap happy hour sapporo. Lastly on Thursday we went to the LACMA in the morning, stopping by the Tar Pits next door, and then to the zoo for a power zoo experiences since it was only 1.5 hours til close, with Witt. Then we caught the red eye back to Boston and crashed on Friday since our flight left 930p LA time and arrived friday morning in Boston at 530am.

No comments: