Sunday, December 16, 2012

This week's meals

I was on elective this week, meaning I worked 7-5 M-F, and made dinner several nights this week (though was home sick on Wednesday and spent that entire day sleeping). Here are the meals. Crispy gardein chicken burger: I used Gardein's new crispy chicken fillet (which they recommend using with marinara sauce) on a bun with arugala, avocado, green tomatoes, and balsalmic vinagrette: Mark said it was one of the best burgers I have ever made.
THen I made the new Gardein Roast for dinner one night: used their gravy for the roast, and my gravy for the mashed potatoes, plus broccoli but I mixed some sesame seeds, soy sauce, and brown sugar with the broccoli for a different twist to the side.
I had some extra tofu around so used this simple recipe for a tofu burrito: http://happyherbivore.com/recipe/smokey-black-bean-enchiladas/
Lastly, my favorite meal this week was my version of philly cheese steak: I sauteed some mushrooms and peppers in a little oil, then sliced tofurkey's new roast beef slices in to strips and added that to the fry. Placed on a hoagie roll and heated in the over at 450 for 5 minutes with daiya cheese on top. AMAZING and all my creation.

No comments: