Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fake Chicken Pesto Lasagna

More lasagna, loving the tofutti ricotta I have been cooking with! For this recipe I did a couple things for the ingredients. While a box of lasagna noodles was cooking, I fried up some TJs vegan chicken strips in a little oil. I also wilted one bag of spinach and arugala in a small amt olive oil with 1 tbsp oregano and 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes. And for the pesto I used a food processor and combined 2 cup fresh basil, 3 cups spinach, 2 TBsp garlic, 1 cup toasted pine nuts, 1 TBsp lemon juice, and 1/2 cup olive oil. Once all these components were done I assembled the lasagna: First a layer of pesto, then noodles. On top of the noodles went another layer of ricotta, then fake chicken, then spinach, then daiya mozzarella cheese. Then another layer of noodles, a layer of pesto, some fake chicken, the spinach, topped this time with a layer of daiya mozzarella. Finally one more layer of noodles, then pesto, then ricotta again. Once done assembling it was baked at 350 for 45 minutes. The spinach with red pepper flakes added a little kick to it!

No comments: