Friday, February 26, 2010

bad news bears

Well, there seems to be a horrible plague of sickness and family illness hitting my internship. It seems like on a weekly basis someone is out because they are terribly ill with some weird undiagnosed illness (and I mean really weird stuff, going to the ER and everything), or a family member die, or a significant other's family member dies...seriously, this has happened to 6 different people in the last month (and there are only 14 interns here). I think we are currently cursed. And I am grateful it hasn't happened to me, but the down side is that I am consequently working more shifts or covering and switching in ways that aren't convenient for me. Oh well.

I figured out my schedule in the next 4 weeks, and it is a little daunting:
Instead of working swing shift from 12-10pm this Sunday, I am covernig a shift for one of above said interns...I am now working from 4pm-9am the following morning, and then on Monday even though I finish at 9am, I am driving to Boston before sleeping since I have made dinner plans with several people for Monday night.
Then I work all week....actually starting Wednesday I work for 10 days straight. Then I have Sat. March 13 off but am going to Boston for a comedy show (also perviously planned) and driving back for work at 6am that night after the show.
I have March 20 off, and Heather and Denis are visiting and spending some of the weekend off, which I am super excited for since I have not seen them in who knows how long. Then I have the 22/23 off (Mon/Tues) but will be spending it finishing my presentation for work which is due on that Thursday. In April I only have 4 days off total...Wow, this is very depressing, well, I should stop thinking about it.

No comments: