Saturday, February 12, 2011

another great wine night!!

It was a little crowded, but it all worked out and we had an amazing wine night.
I was particularly fond of some of my food too!
Let's see, first was the asparagus rolls, which were the best food of the night if you ask me.
Basically I took some cooked asparagus stalks. Then I trimmed the crust off of some white bread.
I whisked together 8 TBsp melted margarine with 1 TBsp mustard and some italian spices.
Spread the mixture on the inside of a slice of bread, and put the asparagus roll in that. Roll up and then drizzle some melted margarine on the outside. Bake at 300 for 10 minutes.

Then I made some artichoke and sun dried tomatoe focacia...I didn't think it was that good, so I will not post the recipe. Interestingly, the recipe is quite complex normally but I was lazy and tried to shorten it...which is probably why it wasn't that good.
There were vegan and gluten free cupcakes for dessert.

And the pasta as the main dish was tasty (and easy to make).
I cooked three pounds of penne before the party and cooked 3 cans of plum tomatoes in a pan with some basil until the tomatoes were mushy and broken down some. I then added I package of Daiya Mozzarrella to the sauce. I filled some lasagna dishes with the penne once cooked, then topped with the sauce. I kept them in the fridge until the party, and then cooked them for 10 minutes at 350. Tasty!


I think our next theme will be Sonoma Valley wines.

No comments: