Wednesday, February 23, 2011

an interesting vegan "dinner" from Mark

I had been picking on Mark for not doing anything for valentine's day/our anniversary, and he kept saying he was going to cook me dinner, and he finally did a week later!
It was actually quite good, I thought I would share his creation since he randomly thought it up on the spot.
Ingredients:
tortilla wrap
firm tofu
daiya mozzarella vegan cheese
spinach
chili powder
1 yellow onion

DIRECTIONS:
Cut the tofu in to thin 1/4 inch strips a lay flat on the tortilla. Add a layer of fake cheese and then the spinach. Slice the onion and carmalize in olive oil, then layer on top of the spinach. Sprinkle with chili powder. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
Slice the roll in to 1-2 inch thick rolls.

Fry in olive oil (not sure where he thought of this, but it worked).

When all was said and done it was delicious, but it was tedious, so Mark only made one wrap's worth, which amounted to two pieces each...not sure if I should let this count as dinner ; )
We both agreed it would be a great appetizer though.

I also thought it reminded me of what a breakfast burrito should be like, so the next day I took the leftovers along with a can of mushrooms and made breakfast burritos.
The directions for this:
Crumble tofu.
Fry Tofu, sliced onions, mushrooms, and spinach in olive oil.
Layer a tortilla wrap with daiya vegan cheddar cheese. Layer some of the fried burrito mix on top of the cheese (making it melt) and roll up to enjoy!

No comments: