Tuesday, February 19, 2013

brussel sprouts sandwich, aka the leftover sandwich

This sandwich was to die for in my opinion. It was funny, I made it and Mark was scared. He took a bite and said he didn't like it, to which my response was fine, don't eat it. He took another bite, and another, and said he changed his mind. THen he tells me it is actually a really good sandwich, it just scared him at first since there was so much mishmash on it. Take a hoagie roll and cover each side of it with roasted red pepper hummus. Thenn top with some cooked sweet potato fries, then some appleslaw, then lastly with cooked (boiled and drained) brussel sprouts. The mix of flavors is PHENOMENAL and really grows on you. For the apple slaw I mixed together 2 TBsp agave nectar, 2 TBsp lemon juice, 1 tsp cumin, 1/8 cup olive oil, 2 sliced granny smith apples, 1/4 cup peanuts, 1 cup coleslaw mix, and 2 TBsp vegan mayo. Someone told me it was like a leftover sandwich, where you put all the leftovers in the fridge together in to a sandwich.

No comments: