Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Louisiana skillet dinner

I tried yet another MTS recipe and I loved the name so had to keep it: the louisiana skillet dinner, made me feel like i was living in Bon Temps with Sookie Stackhouse. Cook one box of gemelli pasta per usual. In a large skillet pour some olive oil and heat. Add in one package of sliced vegan bacon and 1 package fake chicken (I used TJ's chickenless strips). Fry. Then remove and add to a bowl on the side with the pasta. Place one chopped red pepper and one chopped yellow pepper, 1 package raw kale, 1 can black-eyed peas in the skillet and cook with 1 cup veggie broth, 2 TBsp worcestershire sauce, and 2 TBsp creole seasoning. Heat until the kale is all wilted and the peppers are sauce, and then add 1 TBsp white wine and a dash of liquid smoke. Mix with the pasta and fake meat. Enjoy!! I agree, it does go best with a cold beer, and I pictured myself eating it in the humid, swampy south on a wooden porch looking out at the bayou.

No comments: