Tuesday, February 19, 2013

super bowl party

This year I made MASSIVE CALZONES for a superbowl party with some friends over. I made one of my usuals, the vegan BBQ chicken calzone. Then I tried this stromboli recipe which turned out quite perfect: In a skillet fry 1 package mushrooms and 1 chopped white onion in some olive oil. Add in some fake beef (I used TJ's beefless strips) and fry some more. Set aside. Roll out one pizza crust. In the center spread slices of vegan cheese (I used the have a heart jack pepper vegan cheese). Then squeeze ketchup all over this. Then spread the veggie/beefless mix over this. Top with daiya cheese. Roll like a jelly roll over on itself twice and slice some small slits int he top once rolled up. Then sprinkle italian spices on top. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

No comments: