Tuesday, March 5, 2013

amazing flat bread

So I had come across a smoked tofu pizza recipe on one of my favorite blogs (vegan dad: http://vegandad.blogspot.com/2012/06/smoked-tofu-pizza.html). The picture looked really good, but when I actually pulled up the recipe I realized it had sweet onion in it (I am not a big onion fan) and I was a little less interetsed, so I modified it in to a flat bread dish that I made for myself, which was AMAZING. Mark had told me he was not hungry that night so I made it just for myself and when he saw me eating it was super jealous. Directions: First make tofu riccotta: crumble a block of firm tofu in a large bowl, then mix in 2-3TBsp olive oil, 1 TBsp lemon juice, 1 TBsp italian seasoning, and 1-2 TBsp garlic. Then in a pan fry some spinach and seitan chunks until warm and seitan is a little browned. On a large pan spray some non-stick spray, then spread out a pizza dough. First spread the tofu ricotta all over the bottom. Then top that with the seitan/spinach mixture. Lastly top with daiya cheese. Bake at 500 for 10-15 minutes until crust looks done. It was AMAZING.

No comments: