Tuesday, March 5, 2013

I had some potatoes I had bought with the intention of making homefries but never got around to it. So I wanted to use them before they got moldy and had lots of pasta but minimal frozen veggies in the house, so I decided to google a recipe for pasta with potatoes in it. Most of what I found was gnocchi of course, but found this recipe that I modified which was quite tasty- it was more like a fake beef stew in the end. In a large soup pan add some olive oil and fry up some fake meat of your choice (I had gardein fake beef chunks). After that is cooked add your white potatoes (chopped in to bite size pieces) and 2TBsp garlic. Cook until the potatoes start to brown. Then add 1 can of diced tomatoes, 2-3 cups of water (enough to cover the food at the top), 1 TBsp cilantro and a dash of salt and pepper. Stir and heat until boiling. Then add 1 box of uncooked pasta of your choice (I used rotinin), turn heat to medium, and cook covered (but stir frequently) for 20-30 minutes until pasta is cooked within the mixture and most of the liquid is soaked up. Like I said, it had a nice stew like consistency.

No comments: