Friday, August 16, 2013

last wine night in Boston

Had a great last wine night in Boston before shipping out to California this fall. We had a great turn out and mix of guests. Some people from Albany even made it! I made a rice salad and a tater tot casserole. For the rice salad: I took 2 cups of rice in a large pot, added 2 cans of coconut milk and 1 cup of water, and 1 tsp cinnamon to the pot. Boiled it then like you always do. Once the rice was done I added 1 two chopped up cucumbers and two containers of sliced mango, and 1 container of fresh edamame, mixing them in a turning the rice down to low heat. In a large wok I added chopped up tofu and fried it in a little oil with 1tsp coriander and 1 TBsp garlic. Once the tofu was done I added it to the rice mixture. I mixed it all up with some spinach. It was super tasty and like a lot of times it was better as leftovers the next day. For the main course I made a version of tater tot casserole from the Meet The Shannons recipe, just modified a bit. I fried up a 2 chopped red peppers, 2 yellow peppers, 1 red onion, and 2 green bell peppers in a small amount of oil. In order to use up some of the expendables in my fridge I also fried up a package of vegan boca ground beef and tempeh chunks. Then in a massive bowl I mixed up the peppers, onion, and fake meat along with one package of daiya cheddar cheese, 1 package frozen corn, 2 TBsp dried cilantro,2 TBsp Braggs, 2 TBsp cumin, 2 TBsp chili powder, 4 TBsp garlic, and two cans of diced tomatoes. This all went in to a large casserole, topped with one package of pepperjack daiya cheese, and 1 package of sweet potato tater tots from TJs. Baked then at 375 for 40 minutes. SUPER DELICIOUS.Goes great with guacamole or vegan sour cream.

No comments: