Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Sundried tomato pesto pasta

Sorry it has been way too long peeps! But I spent the last month moving cross country after taking a hell of an exam to hopefully become DACVECC board certified (news to come on that when I get the test results). Of course with moving and being at conferences I did not have a lot of time to cook, but have several recipes I meant to post and now will do some back logging. Let's start with this refreshing summer pasta.
Basically I made up a package of farfelle and while that was cooking I made some pesto. For the pesto combine in a food processor: 2 TBsp Garlic, 1 package fresh basil leaves (remove the stems), 8 TBsp water, 6 TBsp walnuts, 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 a jar of oil packed sun dried tomatos, 1tsp red pepper flakes, and 1 TBsp yeast. Then once the pasta was cooked I mixed it with the pesto as well as the remaining jar of sun dried tomatoes. (And since I had osme fresh tomatoes in the house I needed to cook with I also chopped them up and mixed them in as well). Very refreshing for a first meal that I could have in Cali on the porch as the sunset.

No comments: