Wednesday, October 2, 2013

new vegan quesadillas

While in San Diego for my conference I did do a day of sight seeing in Old Town, and randomly came across a little recipe book for quesadillas. It was not a vegan cook book, but the pictures were beautiful and I instantly knew I could make a lot of the recipes veganized so I bought the book. This quesadilla was my first experiment and was pretty simple. I sliced up several tomatoes and placed the tomatoes on a paper towel, sprinkled with salt, and let sit for 15 minutes first, then soaked up the excess liquid from them before cooking with them. To make the quesadilla I first took a tortilla and sprinkled it with mozzarella (Daiya) as well as sliced Daiya jack cheese. Then I topped this with the tomato slices as well as whole basil leaves, and then one more sprinkling of daiya mozzarella on top before frying up in a skillet with a titch of oil. Super delicious.

No comments: