Sunday, October 6, 2013

PHENOMENAL quesadilla casserole

This one was superb, not gonna lie, one of my favorite new dishes. I had some boca fake beef crumbles that I heated up in a little olive oil first. Then in a large bowl I mixed together one can black beans, one can diced tomatoes, and one can of kidney beans (all rinsed and drained). Once the fake beef was cooked I stirred that in. And Trader Joe's had this pre-roasted frozen corn kernels that I had thawed out of the fridge earlier in the day, well I mixed that in to the bowl with the bean mixture along with 2 TBsp cilantro. In a large bowl I then whisked together 1 jar enchilada sauce with 1 jar salsa together. Then in a circular casserole dish (a glass pie dish works best) I sprayed some PAM, and placed a flour tortilla. I then topped the tortilla with the bean mixture, then the sauce, then a layer of Daiya cheese. This was repeated with another tortilla on top, and topped lastly with a final tortilla. I ended up using Daiya cheddar and mozarella on the bottom, and then peperjack and mozarella on the second layer, and lastly pepperjack and mozarella on the top of the last tortilla. This was then baked at 350 for 30 minutes. It was SO FREAKING GOOD. I served it with 1/2 an avocado. Delicious left overs too.

No comments: