Thursday, June 5, 2008

j'adore montreal et mes amies



did I spell that right Heather?
Let's see, what has happened in the last two weeks...Mark got back from Seattle on Thursday so I went out to Boston to see him. The Friday he came out here in the hopes that we would be going to Montreal the following day. I have to admit, I used to have such a hard time crying, now I am fighting back tears twice a week since clinics is so stressful (but not actually letting myself cry much). We got slammed at the large animal hospital on Thursday, and I had more patients then anyone, it was so frustrating after everyone said they would help me out so I could go to Montreal. In the end it did work out, kind of. We split our shifts again, so I was on Saturday from 6:30-10 and then Mark and I would leave for Montreal. Only I got there and the other two students on with me were slow, and late, and me being the efficient one got slammed helping doctors. Mark called at 10am (he had my cr after dropping me off) and all I could do was answer with a "I'll be done after 11, can't talk now" since I was restraining a foal at the time.

I finally got done at 11:40, and we were on the road after I showered in path at noon. Mark was so sweet, he could of been so pissed for waiting in the car for 2 hours, but said it wasn't my fault and was not mad at all. We drove the whole 6 hours to montreal, stopping in lebanon for a late lunch at 2:30. We got to Heather's at 7pm (her party started at 8). It was great!

I haven't seen Heather and Denny in SO long so it was SO nice to catch up. And Mark was amazing too. He was very talkative and friendly, I felt so lucky to have him come with me. At o ne point Shauna asked how we met and even though I am not ashamed we met online, sometimes I get embarassed and don't want to talk about it, but Mark was great, he jumped right in and told the story even though I hadn't remembered the details. Heather's friends were all so nice too, but I felt a little like a stupid american since they were all so diverse from all different backgrounds. Tina was her usual superb self. At 11:45 I guess Mark and I looked tired, cause Heather and Denny suddenly offered to move the futon (our bed) back to the guest room for us. We passed out by midnight and slept amazingly well, but it was not surprising since we only had 4 hours the night before.

Sunday I got up by 8am, but Mark was a little reluctant to get moving at first. We finally got out the door around 10am, and Heather, Denny, Tina, Mark and I went to Mont Royal for the hike. Mark kept telling me he wanted to see the city and not go on a hike, but I told him to just wait and see. Sure enough, we got to the top where you can see the hwole city and he turned to me and said "This was totally worth it". We then went to old montreal for some lunch *sadly vegan french-canadian dishes are not too common, but it was good bruschetta and sangria for me. We left for home at 2:30. I hope we can go visit Heather and Dennis again sometime soon.

We stopped in Bulrington on the way home, but sadly I was having some GI issues and all the stores I liked were closed on Sunday evening. We got home at 10pm and once again passed out.

This week at large animal has been rough. I have been here more hours then most, but what can you do. And this weekend is going to be brutal...I am scheduled for the overnight on duty shifts both friday and sunday night, but oh well. We will see how it goes...

1 comment:

Heather said...

I was glad you guys could get some sleep, but I did find it funny to tell the three people sitting on the futon-- uh, could you move?

lol.

Mark is great, and we had an awesome time with the both of you.

We're going for a bike ride in Old Montreal. :-)