Saturday, January 22, 2011

delicious food and a night of poker


A bunch of friends have been wanting to have a cash game of poker recently...we ended up picking Friday night as the night that would work for most, but sadly last minute a bunch of people bailed...well, it actually turned out perfect. Witt, Ryan, Mark and I played poker while drinking wine and had an amazing time. I started out the game with an AMAZING straight draw, but then slowly lost my money. Eventually Witt and I lost our $10, which I guess was appropriate since we were the non poker players. Ryan won most, and we all had a great time, I will have to host another night like this in the future!

I also made a tasty (green) dinner.
I made an asparagus salad, a pistaschio and aragule pesto with bow tie pasta and brocollini in balsalmic vinegar to top the pesto. I will have to write about the pesto pasta and brocollini at a different time since I didn't take any pictures, but I will make it again, it is always a hit.
The salad though...it was just perfect, not too much, not too little, I will definitely make it again for myself in the future.

Ingredients:
2 packages of asparagus
1 bad of romaine lettuce
1 container of vegan croutons
one red onion sliced
1/2 c olive oil
4 TBsp red wine vinegar
2 TBsp dijon mustard

Cut the asparagus in to 2 inch long pieces and boil until tender.
Mix the lettuce, asparagus, croutons, and red onion in a large bowl.'
Whisk the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and mustard together until mixed then use to coat the salad, tossing until it is well coated.
Chill in the fridge, and enjoy! It was my favorite salad I have made in awhile!

No comments: