Friday, June 21, 2013

Hoisin sauce??

I must have bought this little jar of Hoisin sauce in my pantry before for a specific recipe and then never made it. I have been going through my pantry trying to use up all the things sitting in there and I found this jar of Hoisin sauce. I then googled several recipes with it and made this one based on a combo of several:
I basically took two packages of TJ's beefless strips and 2 small bags of fresh broccoli florets. I cooked the broccoli in a wok with a small amount of sunflower oil first. Before this I mixed together the jar of hoisin along with 2 TBsp sesame oil, 1 cup mirin, 9 TBsp soy sauce, 6 TBsp vinegar, 6 TBsp brown sugar, 1 small jar tomato paste, 2 TBsp garlic, and 3 TBsp ginger powder. I then put the TJ's beefless strips in it and let it marinade for 30 minutes. Once the broccoli was cooked in the oil I added this whole mixture and cooked in the wok for another 5 minutes. I then served over rice. It made a lot of food, but that was goal as it will be my lunch for my 5 day work week this week. :)

No comments: