Saturday, June 8, 2013

Vegan Chicken and Waffles!!!!

This meal was SUPER tasty. I stole the recipe from meettheshannons.com. http://www.meettheshannons.com/vegan-mexican-chicken-waffles/ Basically I bought premade freezer section vegan waffles and cooked them up in the toaster. For the chicken, I bought a package of TJs chickenless chicken, and in a skillet fried it up with 1 shot of rum, 1 TBsp lime juice, 1 tsp lemon rind pepper, 1 tsp hot sauce, 1 TBsp brags, 2 tsp olive oil, 1 clove garlic, and 2 tsp yeast. (I mixed all the ingredeints together in a bowl first then added to the skillet with the vegan chicken). As you can see, Mark and I loaded ours with toppings- on top of the waffles first we spread guacomole like you normally would spread butter, then goes the chicken, then some premade fresh pico de gallo salsa from TJs, then some sliced olives, and finally some vegan daiya pepperjack cheese. DELICIOUS!

No comments: