Saturday, June 8, 2013

thai tofu salad

This salad was interesting, I am not going to make it again the same but maybe a variation. I mixed together one bag of romaine lettuce, 1 bag of freeze dried green peas (from Target), 1 package sliced mangoes, 2 peeled and sliced cucumbers, and 1 bag shredded carrots together for the salad. The tofu took a little time- I chopped up one block of extra firm protein tofu from TJs and first dipped it in potato starch, then in peanut meal (both which I had bought from a local asian store) and then fried them in some coconut oil. The tofu was really good, just took a while to make. For the dressing: blenderize 1 TBsp ginger powder, 1 TBsp garlic cloves, 1 TBsp asian chili sauce, 1/2 cup sunflower oil, 1 TBsp coconut milk, 1 tsp sesame oil, 1 TBsp red wine vinegar, 2 TBsp soy sauce, 2 TBsp dried cilantro, 2 TBsp peanut butter, 3 TBsp lime juice. I might remake the tofu or the dressing for future salads, but the romaine was a little blah.

No comments: