Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tofu scramble tacos!!

This recipe I made makes an insane amount of tacos- the reason I made this much food was that I was working the next 8 days in a row after making it, so I had 6 days of lunch after making dinner that night for Mark and I. Basically I pan fried a package of diced red potatoes (about 8 small ones) in some olive oil. Then once they were browned I added the tofu- I took two full packages of extra firm tofu (again, feel free to half or quarter this recipe to make smaller quantities) and crumbled the tofu as I stirred it in with the potatoes. I stirred in 2 TBsp paprika and 1 TBsp onion powder while cooking this mixture. Then I added in the remaining veggies, which was 2 TBsp garlic, 1 cup frozen corn, 1 bag spinach, and 1 can black beans (it barely fit in the wok). Once everything was cooked through I took some of the mixture and placed it in a soft taco shell, topped with freshly sliced avocado and some salsa. Very messy but very tasty. The leftovers were less messy as I placed them in a flat, short tupperware container and ate them with utensils (and a little added vegan sour cream) instead of my hands.

No comments: