Monday, April 28, 2008

sucked of all my energy...

my last week on wildlife was a blast, as expected. I was given a lot of responsibility, which I loved. Most of my patients are doing really well. I had a great week. On Friday night Mark came over and we made dinner and watched a movie. Then on Saturday after I got off from my shift we went to Amherst so he could show me where he went to college and all the shops, etc. We had a blast. He had just gotten a new camera and was taking silly pics right and left. We hiked Mt. Sugarloaf, then went to Buenos for lunch, walked around the Amherst campus, and that was about it.
On the way home I was saddened to hear he was planning on going back to Boston that night, but ended up staying another night. : ) Sunday I was on call all day at wildlife and had a good day overall, got a 9 mile run in between treatments. No calls last night. But it was so weird how sunday morning I started having one hell of a panic attack about small animal medicine. I was suddenly so scared and thought I would fuck up everything. Mark tried to ease my fears, but I calmed a bit after telling Maureen (the doctor at wildlife) about my fears and she had nothing but good things to say about me as a student and a soon to be doctor.

So today was my first day on small animals medicine, and it was ok, but long...got there at 6am....left at 7:30pm. with a 15 minute break. Medicine cases are very different from surgery cases, they are complex, have lots of treatments, my one dog is on 9 medications. I think I actually prefer the surgery cases...short and sweet. But I did ok today, got complimented by Dr. Hilling actually for my great write up on my diabetic patient.

On a weird side note, it is so fucking awkward to try to be supportive and discuss dating with your mother...my mom is online dating now. I am happy for her, but SO freaked out in a way, and hate that I have to be the one she turns to for advice. I hope she is happy, but some things are just weird for me. ..

1 comment:

Heather said...

Whoa... wasn't prepared for that last part of the entry...

As always, be supportive, but don't ask for too many details. **hugs**