Friday, May 2, 2008

evals...

I hate to brag, but am feeling alittle proud right now...I know only a couple people read this, so this is my time to brag I guess.
So on small animal medicine your clinician gives you a one onone evaluation at the end of the week...today was the end of week one, and my eval was great. I know I am a hard worker, but at times I am scared I don't know enough, and at other times I have no idea what people think of me. Well, Dr. Wells gave me my eval today (names changed again) and it went great.

She told me that on day one I was quiet and she was scared I was "going to be one of those students who is always quiet and who I never know if they know anything" but then I opened up by day two. She said she was very impressed with my knowledge base at this point in clinics. She said that her and Dr. Harris were incredibly impressed with my efficiency and how pro-active I was. They said I was one of the most organized people they had met and I was always surprising them with things before they could ask me to do it. She said if I do an internship I will be top of my class cause my organization and efficiency skills will be hard to match. She said that I was always helpful and pleasant to work with, and that she was impressed with how much I helped my two fellow classmates on with me since I was always ahead so I was always available to offer them an extra hand. At the end she said that they ask the clinicians to find one thing to tell students they could improve on, but Dr. Wells told me it was hard to find something for me at this point..she said that if she had to be critical she would say that I was too efficient and on top of things cause sometimes I would have test results and other info before the clinicians were ready to deal with it.

Ok, done bragging...sorry, but I am a little proud now. Of course, I still feel completely incompetent in some of my hands on skills. I have so much more to learn in the next year in clinics, this is only the beginning, and even though I am a personable and hard working person I know I do have a lot to improve on.

1 comment:

Heather said...

lol- you can brag ALL YOU WANT! You deserve it!

Did you see the Tina squirrel on my blog? Here's the link to the entire album from Ottawa.

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/ishidadesu/OttawaMay2008