Monday, May 5, 2008

a size 2? no fucking way...

I am not sure if Mark is a good or bad influence, well, he is not bad, but I am doing things I never thought I would thanks to him. I have def. always been a tom boy, and my "dress up" outfits for me are rather loose fitting, etc. I have toned up a lot from running, and Mark has somehow convinced me that I need to "dress up" more, show off my assets, etc. I was getting frustrated since I thought I was dressing up, but I convinced him that we needed to go shopping together since what I think is dressed up is not enough for him, and he should just pick out some clothes for me. I was shocked when he happily agreed. We went to the mall in Cambridge on Sunday morning, and he said we should find me a tight pair of jeans...
First stop: Macy's. Now I used to be a size 10, lost some weight a year ago, went to a size 8, and recently my size 8's are big and I wear a size 6 comfortably. I have NEVER been smaller then that since 9th grade. Well, I told Mark I wear a size 6 most of the time, and he told me to try a size 4. I did, and they fit loosely! I was feeling quite confident, and tried on the same pair in 2, and they were tight, but they fit, and NO trouble buttoning them! (just tighter then I am used too). We agreed I fit in them, but they were too long, so we headed on to stop #2.
Stop #2: Express...All jeans are $60 but my friends rant and rave about them. We pulled off too different styles off the shelf, in size 2 and 4...sadly I went in to the fitting rooms and the size 2 was too tight, could barely close the button, but that's ok. So size 4 in pair #1 was ok, but not amazing. Went on the pair #2 in size 4, which was a low hip style. They fit, but I felt quite vulnerable since I am not used to the low rise hip style, I felt very exposed. I came out, and Mark smiled and said they looked nice. I started explaining why I felt weird in them, but then suddenly the express worker walked by and stopped and said "Those look great on you!" I guess I made a face cause she came over and asked "Why don't you like them?" I started explaining when another costumer walked by and commented "Wow, those look great on you!" and then she whispered loud enough for Mark to hear "Your ass looks great in them too" I laughed, by this time Mark was just standing aside beaming as the girls started analyzing how hot I looked in the jeans. In response to my feeling they were too low, the girls said I needed to go back in the fitting room and squat, and as long as my ass didn't show I was ok. I looked at Mark and he just smiled and said "You look great." So I passed the squat test and Mark was shocked when I came out and said I would buy them but my response was "Well, three against one, I think I have the support form the masses." Mark tried to help and pay for some of them, but I just told him he could make it up to me when we go out and I wear them next by buying all my drinks and dinner that night.
Today was day one of week two on medicine. It was ok. I didn't do a good job in the morning cases, but I made up for it in the afternoon by writing some great discharges as well as surprising myself with my knowledge when the doctors grilled me on my differentials for various cases. This week is def. a lot more busy then last, plus I have tons of parties! We'll see what happens!
: )

3 comments:

Heather said...

Holy Crap! You're a skinny girl!

Jess said...

indeed! good golly lady! I think I've gained what you lost. I remember my days of a size 2... sigh. :) Good for you!

Heather said...

Oh, and we need a picture of you in clothes that actually fit you!

PRONTO!