Monday, April 13, 2009

family weekend

This past weekend really turned out to be a family weekend. First my mom came to visit on Saturday. I had a ton of cat food stock piled for her, and she brought me some stuff for easter. We went to Whole Foods (there are no Whole Foods or Trader Joes in Albany so she wanted to buy a couple unique organic ingredients that she needed). Then we met up with Mark and went to Diesel Cafe in Davis Square for an amazing lunch. My mom bought for all of us, and I guess while I was scoping out the table Mark was assertive and said he would buy tickets to the art museum, and my mom laughed, smiled and told him she knew when to back down.

We went to the Fogg at Harvard. It was fun, my mom spent a lot of time telling Mark about art history, which I think he enjoyed. Sadly, it started pouring, and we were without umbrellas, so we ran over to TeaLuxe in Harvard Square for tea. Then I went in to the Harvard store to buy an umbrella (I was glad I found one without the Harvard name on it) and after that my mom said she was ready to go. I was bummed since I had planned on going to dinner in Boston too, but since we had a late lunch and the bad weather she seemed ready to leave after 5 hours. Still, I had a good time, so did she and Mark.

Sunday was Easter at Mark's parents house. I haven't ever talked to his mom so much in my life! Mark wasn't feeling to good, so he spent a lot of the time on the couch with his dad sleeping or watching golf, but I stayed in the kitchen chatting with his mom and helped her do all the dishes after dinner too. Mark thought it was amusing since Mark's mom and I both talk a mile a minute non-stop sometimes, and it seemed like a competition between the two of us to him of who could talk more. (Mark says his mom won). I still enjoyed it and talked to his mom about quite a wide variety of topics, it is so nice to really like your significant other's parents. But still, after 4 hours I was BEAT. We swung by Amy's new house in Andover to drop off a painting and got home after 9pm. What a fun but tiring family weekend!

No comments: