Thursday, April 9, 2009

wine tasting nights

Mark goes to "poker night" with the guys once a week, something that I think is common among a lot of guys. But then back in December Mark recommended that I host a weekly or close to weekly event with wine tasting as its theme. Mark, Ryan and I all love wine and it would be a fun way to have friends over to relax during the week and try new wines.

I started wine tasting night in January. Although the crowd was small for the first night, it was fun. It was on a Tuesday, and we all enjoyed the tasty food I made for dinner (vegan lasagna) and had a couple bottles of wine amongst the 6 of us.

I wasn't able to host another one for several weeks, but started the tradition up again a couple weeks ago. 3 weeks ago I hoted "Wine tasting: New England Style" where all the wines were from New England, and I made corn chowder, apple pie, and bread for dinner. The same crowd came, and it was another success. Then this past week was night # 3, this time "Obscure varietal" themed. And this time it drew a crowd...we had 10 people, a new all time high (it actually almost got too crowded, but it was still fun). I made a vegan fake cheese impasta dish, apple muffins, vegan cookies, and bread as always.

I am really glad Mark recommended this tradition, and I am hoping to keep it going in Connecticut once I move there. I will miss these nights out here in Boston...I will have one more before graduation in 2 weeks from now, with an african wine theme.

No comments: