Monday, April 27, 2009

another family weekend, this time with the Nielsens

Well I think I definitely over did it this weekend, but despite being overtired and exhausted Mark and I had a great time. On Friday I had the day off, and so did Mark. I brought my car to the shop to have the non-functioning locks in the doors and the a/c assessed...I didn't authorize any repairs until I got estimates...so the locks are broken and cost $700 to replace, and the a/c needs a new compressor and sensor which is $1200. That is just the cost of parts, not labor. It solved my problem...screw it, I need a new car. I am starting to look and will probably buy one in the next 3-4 weeks.

The Mark's co-worker threw a BBQ, and I got WAY Too drunk. I was so embarassed when at 4am I woke up at home with Mark and had no recollection of how I got there. The last thing I remembered was playing flip cup. Thank goodness Mark said I hadn't embarassed myself too much, and he wasn't upset with me at all.

Saturday morning Mark and I left early for Long Island. It was a tremendously long drive. But we got there early enough to enjoy a nap in our amazing hotel before the wedding.

We made it to the wedding, my cousin Alicia and her husband Angel, just in time. We met up with my aunt Carol and cousin Craig and Debbie. It was great, I hadn't seen them in several years, and it was such a nice experience catching up. I didn't get to talk to my aunt Betty and uncle Denny (the bride's parents) much, and I only talked to Alicia and Angel once, but Mark and I had a great time. The music was so fun. There was an open bar. We loved catching up with my family, and Mark got along with them great too. (I think he was quite flattered when Carol hugged him goodbye and said "I love you ! You passed the test" and when Debbie told me so he could hear "Linds, he is a keeper!". I def. am lucky and know I found a keeper : ).

The onyl strange thing for us was how late everything went. The wedding started at 7pm, and dinner was not served until 11pm. We left at midnight before the cake or bouquet.

Then on Sunday we went to Albany. We grabbed some food at bombers since I have been ranting about the bbq tofu there for ages, and then made it to be with my family for Easter dinner (late) at 530. By the time it was all over we were both exhausted, and disgustingly sweaty since the a/c in my car doesn't work. But we had a good time, enjoyed tasty burritos, and watched the infamous easter egg hunt my grandma does for the boys every year (I could totally imagine Mark participating some year with the other boys).

On the ride home I think I realized how burnt out Mark was, but I was too, and I was so proud of both of us for not getting cranky and just agreeing that if we did this again we would space it out over multiple weekends instead of drive 12 hours in 2 days thru 3 states to all these events (of course, the idea had been mine originally, but I think Mark was right and it was too much to pull off in one weekend). I really did catch a keeper. ; )

No comments: