Monday, December 6, 2010

thai peanut burrito bowls


One word: delicious!!!
I just made these today and am so glad I have enough for leftovers for 4 days! I wanted to try to create some sort of "Thai Peanut Burrito" since there are several restaurants I go to that make a vegan version of this that I love. The problem is everything I make burritos they end up being more like fajitas, they are terribly messy, and the don't stay rolled up right. So I converted this in to a bowl.
INGREDIENTS:
Tortilla wraps (I used whole wheat)
Brown rice
Premade vegan thai peanut sauce (found in the ethnic section of almost any grocery store)
Trader Joe's broccoli slaw (like precut coleslaw but with broccoli and carrots)
Smart life's vegan chickn strips

DIRECTIONS:
Stir fry the broccoli slaw and chickn strips in a small amt. of canola oil. Once the fake chickn in browned add the thai peanut sauce. Cook for another 5 minutes.
Cook the rice as directed from the package.
Once everything is cooked, place a tortilla in the bottom of a bowl (I used a tupperware bowl since I made enough for leftovers for the week).
Line the tortilla wrap with some rice.
Fill the "bowl" with the stir fry. ENJOY!

No comments: