Monday, December 6, 2010

A weekend of Harry Potter

This weekend was hilarious and full of Harry Potter. On Friday my friends Tina and Tony came up to visit, they were my friends from the internship last year. We took them to Top of the Hub for dinner, which was great. We had some silly conversations, especially when Mark said to Tina "I am assuming you're single" not in a rude way at all, but the running joke of the night after that was that Tina had "SINGLE" stamped on her forehead.

Then we went to the Pour House for beers. We strolled downstairs where there was more music, psuedo dancing, and a bigger TV. Tony and Mark went to buy themselves some new beers. I glanced over and saw a guy who looked like an older version of Ron Weasley from Harry Potter, so I mentioned it to Tina and sadly he made eye contact with me at that moment I was pointing him out, and then literally within 20 seconds Tina and I were swarmed by a group of guys. The "leader" of the group was this weird looking guy wearing a HUGE jewish star necklase, so naturally his nickname for the night was "Super Jew". I don't really remember any of their names, but the guy who looked like Ron started chatting me up right away. Of course, I was laughing and blushing, and when I peaked over waiting for Mark and Tony to return they were laughing from afar at the bar, and then went to the opposite side of the room! So I kept talking with the guys and Tina, and then the Ron look alike offers to buy me a drink. At that point I respectfully declined and said my boyfriend was across the bar, but that he had not offered to buy me a drink yet, even though he probably would. Then the guys said he had to buy me one in that case, but I still declined. Of course later I regretted this when I told Mark about it and he got made that I didn't get a free beer from him.

Eventually Mark and Tony came and joined us. I introduced Mark to all the guys and they were still nice, not mad that i had a boyfriend and still talkative. What was hilarious was when Mark introduced himself to the Ron lookalike saying "I'm Mark but a lot of people say I look like Harry Potter." the red head laughs and says "Yeah, well I am told I look like Ron Weasley, but we all know who gets Hermione in the end." Omigod, Tony and I could not stop laughing after that.

Later the super Jew says to Tina "So, I am trying to figure this out, you are here with the blonde and her boyfriend, but who is the short guy? Let me guess, a friend of her boyfriend's that they are trying to set you up with...well, I think the short guy is a little shady if you ask me." This was all in reference to Tony, and again we couldn't stop laughing.

It was quite an amusing night.

And then to top it off I went to see Harry Potter in the theaters with Mark on Saturday night. I loved it. The down side was the theater's sound stopped working right for part of the film, but I made a formal complaint and we got refunded for our tickets. Can't wait til that movie comes out on DVD!

No comments: