Thursday, December 16, 2010

vegan banana bread


So lately Mark has been asking me to buy bananas and apples for him when I go grocery shopping, but then he is not the best at eating them all before they go bad...which has actually turned out to be a good thing for me since I have been experimenting with more vegan baking recipes!

This week I tried vegan banana chocolate chip bread, and it was superb...I feel guilty admitting it but I didn't bring it to share at work and it only took 5 days for us to finish it...probably more me then Mark as I have the sweet tooth.

Ingredients:
4 brown bananas
1/3 melted margarine
1 cup sugar
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
Mash bananas. Add in the margarine, sugar, flour, baking soda, and salt and mix.
Mix in walnuts and chocolate chips.
Pour into a glass baking pan.
Bake at 360 F until a toothpick comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Served best with soy milk!!

Ruth's husband just made the most delicious vegan choolate chip cookies this week so I will have to experiment with this recipe, and then I also have some apples Mark has not eaten yet so I am making a vegan apple cake with cream cheese frosting this weekend!

No comments: