Thursday, November 10, 2011

corn and green tomato salad


I saw green tomatoes at Trader Joe's this week and had to buy them. But then I realized I have been eating salad for lunch for a couple weeks now and I didn't really want to eat the usual salad with these tomatoes (typicaly Lidnsey salad is spinach, cukes, tomatoes, maybe chickpeas, and/or peppers). So I found this unique salad online, and it is way too simple, just too ingredients, but tasty.
Ingredients:
1 bag frozen corn (I used the microwaveable kind)
2 cups chopped green tomatoes
1 TBsp italian seasoning

For the dressing
2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground allspice
dash of Salt and pepper
3 TBsp olive oil

Just mix up the corn and tomatoes with the italian seasoning first, then whisk together the dressing and serve over the salad.

No comments: