Thursday, November 10, 2011

sweet and sour stir fry


This recipe was ok- actually tasted just like the restaurant sweet and sour dishes I have gotten- the problem, I keep thinking I like sweet and sour dishes and then when I get them I am always dissappointed. I am just not a fan of warm pinapple I guess. But this was fun to make, and I did not hate it, as well as Mark liked it.
Ingredients:
rice
2 TBsp peanut oil
1 bag frozen diced green peppers
1 bag gardein fake beef chunks
1 cup carrot chips
1 cup cashews
1 cup mushrooms
2 TBsp V8
2 TBsp rice flour
2 TBsp white vinegar
4 TBsp soy cause
1 can pinapple chunks
1 cup cherry tomatos (I really only used them since they were leftover and I did not want them to go bad)

Directions:
heat the oil in a wok. Then add the bell pepper and gardein beef chunks and fry for couple minutes. Then add the mushrooms and carrot chips and tomatos and fry for a couple more minutes.
Meanwhile, whisk together the V8, rice flour, vinegar, soy sauce, and 6 TBsp of pinapple juice from the pinapple can. Add to the wok and let boil. Then add the pinapple chunks and cashews. Serve over rice.

No comments: