Thursday, November 10, 2011

mushroom and walnut stroganoff


I have done a lot of cooking in the last 2 weeks- time to update the blog with new recipes. I will start with my least favorite of the recent dishes: mushroom and walnut stroganoff- I took a vegetarian recipe and made it vegan. The picture makes it look like poop, and while it was not that bad, I will not be making it again. That being said, it did taste better as leftovers then the first time around.
Ingredients:
olive oil
1 chopped white onion
2 TBsp garlic
1 tsp. cumin
2 cup mushrooms
2 TBsp flour
2 cups veggie stock
1 container of tofutti sour cream
1 cup walnut pieces
pasta of choice (I used linguine)

Directions:
Cook your pasta according to the box.
While that is cooking work on the sauce: fry the onions and garlic for a couple minutes in a sauce pan. Then add the cumin and mushrooms and fry for another 5 minutes.
Then add the flour and mix for one minute before adding the stock. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 15 minutes.
Add the walnuts and sour cream after 15 minutes and cook for another 5 minutes.
Then serve over the pasta.

No comments: