Sunday, November 27, 2011

vegan BBQ chicken pizza


Tried something new- I love the smell of ANYTHING BBQ, and while I don't miss chicken (there are meats I miss even though I know I will never eat them again for ethical reasons, poultry is not one that I miss), I thought the regular buffalo chicken pizza Mark got the other week smelled good, so I thought I would take a recipe for BBQ chicken pizza and make it vegan.
It turned out ok- I was a little unimpressed but it was edible the night I made it. I will say when I ate it for leftovers the next morning it tasted a lot better the second time around.
Ingredients:
1 package of daiya mozzarella cheese
1 premade pizza dough package
1 package of smart brand fake chicken strips
BBQ sauce

Directions: roll out the pizza dough.
Line with a layer of BBQ sauce.
Place the fake chicken over this layer.
Cover with mozzarella.
Cook at 375 for 12 minutes.

No comments: