Tuesday, July 2, 2013

great calzone and left over salad

I guess I do tend to just mix weird things together as salads or pizzas or calzones. For this one in a large salad bowl I mixed together 1 bag arugala, 1 can artichoke hearts, 1 can olives, 3 chopped up tomatoes, and 1 can mushrooms first. I had a package of tofurky italian sausages which I sliced and fried in a little bit of olive oil until toasty brown and then placed in the salad. Then I mixed it all up and placed some of it in a calzone with almond milk cheese. I topped it with a little balsalmic vinigrette and marinara sauce, rolled up the calzone with some holes punctured through the top of the dough, and baked at 450 for 10 minutes. Delicious calzone. Of course, with the leftover salad I just packaged it up in some tuperware, added a little of the almond milk cheese and marinara to each container, and mixed it up with balsalmic vingrette whenever I had it for a meal. Super tasty. I love the tofurky italian sausage.

No comments: