Tuesday, July 23, 2013

brussel sprout pizza you say? Why Yes!

I saw brussel sprouts at TJs this week and suddenly had a craving, so bought a bag of fresh sprouts, and then did not know what to cook them with... I searched and searched, and since I love making pizzas I made a brussel sprouts pizza. First I sliced all the BSps in half, and cooked in a dish with 2 TBsp sunflower oil, as well as sprinkled over 1/4 cup of brown sugar. I cooked on both sides about 5 minutes, until carmelized.
The hardest part was the cheese, which most recipes making bsp pizza use a goat cheese. I found this recipe and made it word for word for a vegan version of goat cheese. http://thekindlife.com/blog/post/vegan-goat-cheese-recipe
So that was made 2 days before. Once the BSps were cooked I set them aside, and sliced up fake bacon and fried in a little sunflower oil as well. Finally I threw all this on top of a TJ's middle eastern flat bread- the "goat cheese" first, then the BSps, bacon, i threw on some chickpeas, and topped with daiya mozzarella. I then baked for 10 minutes at 350. Really good, the leftover toppings I threw in mini salad containers and had leftover salad for a couple days (just used a little bit of TJs hummus salad dressing).

No comments: