Tuesday, July 2, 2013

new vegan ham egg and cheese

I posted a vegan recipe version of a ham egg and cheese sandwich earlier this year which was great. This is a new recipe I tried that was also quite good. I had a bunch of mini bagels I wanted to use so this worked out well making breakfast for almost 2 weeks with them. The tofu is the "egg"- basically take an extra firm block and slice it in to 3/4 inch square sections. In a separate bowl mix together 1 cup flour with 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp onion powder, and 1 tsp tumeric. Dust the tofu squares in the flour mixture and place on a greased baking sheet, then back for 10 miuntes at 300 degrees. Once baked take a skillet and place 6 TBsp olive oil with 3 TBsp worcestershire sauce and 3 TBsp lemon juice. Heat the liquids and then fry the tofu on both sides in this mixture. Then just assemble your sanwich! I had vegan cheese slices as well as vegan ham slices for mine, but vegan bacon would probably go well with it too.

No comments: