Saturday, August 9, 2008

birthday fun

I had a great birthday. I had to get up REALLY early on my birthday, thursday, to get to work in NH by 6:30 (meaning I got up at 4:30). Work was easy and short, and I got out REALLY early. Since I had handled a patient with scabies and because I had some homework for work the next day, I drove home at 2pm. Good thing too cause I was able to put the dozen roses on my porch from Mark for my bday inside in a vase : ) .

Then I drove out to Christina's place. I met her new dog Winston, an adorable shih tzu mix who is fun, but does have some behavioral issues that I think will be easy for them to work out. I drove Christina and I in to Sunset Bar and Grill in Allston to meet Ryan. We had some yummy dinner, I was planning on only having 1 beer since I was driving and had to get up at 5am for work the next day. I had told Mark he was welcome to come, but knew he was busy, and he had his soccer league that night, so figuered it would just be me and my friends. After dinner we were paying the bill and out of nowhere Mark appeared and joined our table. I was so surprised and pleased, I couldn't stop smiling. So rather then head out we went upstairs for a round of pool (which I hate and am terrible at, but tried hard to enjoy just cause I enjoy spending time with my friends). We had some interesting conversations about flirting and then about boobs, which of course lead to a discussion of my perfect boobs, and I was quite flattered when Mark starting complimenting all parts of my body.

We left a little after 9pm. I drove Christina home, and then went over to Mark's. He had a birthday present for me, and it was nothing too extravagant, but it was one of the kindest gifts anyone had gotten me. Long story I guess. I love to read and I love my dvd collection, but most of the time people don't know my taste, or if they do they accidentally buy me something I already bought myself. Well, I don't expect or want people to buy me gifts anyways, I would rather spend time with my friends. But Mark bought me the book "Water for Elephants", a book that all my friends have recommended to me and I have wanted to read, but I haven't gotten around to it yet. It was just amazing to me since I have never told Mark I wanted to read the book, and I am sure he has not looked at my collection so for all he could of known I might of already had it. So again, it does not seem like that big of a deal to most people, but it meant a lot to me, and I felt really lucky to have this incredible guy in my life that was able to know enough about me that he could find a simple and thoughtful gift like that.

No comments: