Monday, August 11, 2008

what a party

My birthday party was a little more low key then usual, but I was quite pleased. Heather and Denis came with Tina from Montreal, which rocked. Ryan came over early to help me get the grill going. We set up the porch and had a relaxing evening. Barely any guitar hero was played, we all just chilled on the porch, drank our beers, and enjoyed tasty food. It was very mellow. We did end up playing some poker. I was impressed that my liver handled it all. I had 11 beers over the course of the night and was suprisingly not drunk.

The next morning took some effort to get Mark up (I wanted to sleep in too, but we did have guests). We went to breakfast at a cute place in Grafton with Heather and Denis, and then went for a walk through the tufts field with Tina before they left. We had a great time and just relaxed more.

Mark and I spent the day after that continuing to relax. We also got some studying in. It was such a calm weekend for me.

And speaking of mellow, I am in the weirdest mood lately. For about a week lately people have been asking me if I am ok. I am normally so high strung and wired, and people expect annoying enthusiasm and energy from me. I am very happy, but lately very calm. People ask me how things are going and I just smile. I don't have a lot of energy to waste time going in to the details of clinics, etc. I just feel calm and mellow lately, it is not a bad thing at all, it is just not my usual self.

Well, I am on cardiology all this week, and so far I am LOVING it.

1 comment:

Heather said...

LOL- Well, we all know I'm not exactly the go go go type of girl! lol. See, when you're with me, you MUST relax. That's my only state of being!