Monday, October 13, 2008

coffee or gum

I successfully put my foot in my mouth at dinner with Mark's friends on Friday night. I was talking about the internship at Angell and how you work 6 days a week for 14 hour shifts. Somehow the fact that I don't drink coffee came up, and I told them all a story about Angell and how 90% of the interns and residents chew gum ALL the time, and I think it is SO unprofessional. I started going off about how stupid doctors look while they take a history from owners and chomp like a cow chewing cud in between answers, but I figured out that the interns at Angell must do it since it probably helps them stay awake. After I got done with my grotesque acting out of obnoxious chewing gum Josh's girlfriend said "Yeah, I chew gum all day at my job". (she is a teacher). Open mouth, insert foot.

But Mark thinks I need to learn how to like coffee. So when we were at the mall on Sunday we stopped at starbucks and I got a soy milk pumpkin latte with no whip cream...I have to say, it was quite good, only a slight after taste of coffee from the espressos, and now I am craving another!

No comments: