Monday, October 13, 2008

housewarming in Medford

I am really settling in to this new place, and I love it (granted I also haven't had to drive back to Tufts for rotations yet, but we'll see how that goes this week).
I think if any fourth year vet student wanted to move out here to be closer to Boston, I was a great one to do it. I think unlike many of my classmates I will actually take advantage of being so close to the city. And hanging out with my boyfriend multiple times a week is so nice as well.

Friday night Mark and I went to dinner at this mediterranian restaurant next to his apartment. I dressed up a lot in this new dress I recently got for myself, and we randomly ran in to his co-worker Josh and his girlfriend Miriam. We joined them for dinner, which was pretty tasty but a little too pricey (I had a polenta, portabella, eggplant, and squash tower in a sweet sauce).

Saturday was party day. After sleeping in until 11am (still not sure if Mark is a good or a bad influence on me, but I do think I need to sleep in from time to time so I will say good) I bought booze and cleaned the house. I think the only hard part of my current living situation is as much as I love dogs, I hate dog hair and dirtiness...I have been sweeping and vacuuming the place 2-3 times a week and can barely keep up with the dog hair everywhere.

People started arriving at 7ish. Of course, the big party mistake we made was the red sox were in the play offs, and we don't have cable. I didn't care too much, but Ryan was obviously very hurt when about a dozen of his friends arrived at 7:30 and then left at 9pm to go watch the sox somewhere in Boston.

The party was def. smaller then anticipated, we had over 30 yes replies, but probably only saw 20 people, and a ton left for the sox, but I still had an awesome time. Ryan's friend Jeremy came up from NYC for the party, and he is so much fun. People wanted to play guitar hero a bunch, which I always enjoy (and kick ass at).

Things came to a halt around 1am. And clean up on Sunday didn't take that long either. Sunday was a super lazy day, went to the mall and laid around doing practically nothing all day, but everyone needs a day like that.

Tomorrow I go back to Grafton for a week elective in Wildlife, yippee!!!

No comments: