Sunday, January 4, 2009

Xmas 2008

Xmas was quiet and quick this year. I was on vacation for it. On the 22 and 23 I drove to NJ and Connecticut to interview at Oradell Animal Hospital and Darien for their internships. I absolutely loved both places. I also interviewed at Angell, and continued to NOT be impressed. I am definitely switching my ranking, but after discussing it with Mark. I know he will understand, but I know he will be disappointed that I don't want Angell as #1 anymore (or even in the top 3). I still have one more interview, a phone one with the virginia wildlife center on Tuesday.

Xmas Eve I spent with Ryan here at home. I made dinner, we talked and relaxed. Xmas day I left for Albany. Sadly my grandma had the flu so we did not celebrate at her house as usual. We had dinner at my mom's house with the usual crew: mom, tory, me, karen, patrick, evan, carlin and Fern. Our black cat Salem had to be center of attention for most of the night.

Dec. 26 I went to Brugger's for Breakfast to see Heather and Denis. We were going to meet from 9-10:30, but Heather called the night before to bump it up to 8am since I had to leave at 10:30. I was telling Mark, and he was like "Wow, you needed more time then that to catch up?" I laughed since we were actually there until 10:45 and Heather reminded me I needed to get on the road, and I could of easily stayed another couple hours with the two of them. I need to start looking at dates later this spring when I can visit Montreal. Mark is always laughing at me cause not a week goes by without me commenting that I miss Heather. Luckily I have her blog to keep me entertained while she lives so far away.

I drove home after that and Mark and I finished packing. Dec. 27 we got ready and drove both of our cars to Mark's parents' house at 11:30am. We were leaving our cars there in the event that there was a storm while we were away since we both live in the city and didn't want to deal with parking emergencies. Mark's mom wanted to make us brunch before we left. I was surprised when Mark was shocked to see she made a HUGE meal, but by now I am used to her going ALL OUT for meals, especially for the two of us. I had tofu scramble with spinach and mushrooms, a crumpet, mango fruit salad, OJ, and home made vegan granola, and a small piece of raspberry vegan pie. Mark and the others had the same as well as a huge omlette.

So we were well fed and fattened up for out 12 hours of flights to London...so, check out the next blog!

1 comment:

Heather said...

lol... we need soooooooooo much time to catch-up!