Thursday, May 21, 2009

love the A/C, hate the money

I did it. I bought a new car. I had over $3000 of repairs needed for my car, so rather then do that I bought a new one. I think I got a good deal too, but it still leaves me with this sinking/nauseating feeling because it is still a lot of money. I traded my 2003 Honda Civic, they took it for $4600, and I got a 2009 Toyota Yaris, with all the features I wanted (power locks and windows, a/c, cruise control and 35mpg on the highway). I also got $1000 off because of being a new college grad. Then I added in the extended 6 year/100K warranty, so when all was said and done my monthly car payment is roughly $220. While it still makes me feel a little sick to my stomach that I just spent this money, I am sure I will be grateful in the 85 degree weather today having A/C again!

No comments: