Thursday, May 14, 2009

updates and parties




An update on the apartment hunting: I picked my favorite, the spacious one BR 2 minutes from one hospital, near south norwalk, with the condition that if I need help my grandmother will help cover any rent I can't afford all of it. I am so happy about that, I know I will enjoy things much more living in a place that I love and can call home.

Last week I finished rotations for good. I was on surgery, and while there were tragedies unrelated to me, I had a great time, and on Friday I neutered one dog, spayed one fat, in heat dog (it was a tough surgery since her uterine vessels were all engorged and friable due to her being in heat) and spayed on tiny little 2# kitten. It was great.

This past weekend was my graduation party, and it went wonderfully. I had decided rather then pick and choose who to invite, I just hit "select all" and invited all my friends on facebook, all 600+. Well, I didn't think much of it until my boyfriend called me a week before and said "My parents are coming to your graduation party" in a shocked voice. Ha! Well, it all worked out GREAT! Heather and Denis came from Montreal. Mark helped Ryan with ice and the grill. Mark's parents had a great time. A vegan friend started stimulating and enjoyable conversations as opposed to the argumentative conversations I was scared of. And Erik, Jenn and Alvaro all made it out from Albany! There were a lot of people there, and I think everyone had a great time. My sunflower shaped cupcakes were DELICIOUS. The rest of the food was awesome. The morning after I went to breakfast with Ryan, Mark, Alvaro, Heather and Denis at SoundBites in Somerville, which was tasty as always.

This week has been hectic despite being free. I went to the dermatologist on Monday, then drove to Albany with my kayak and bike. Went to dinner with the Krauses Monday night, was sad to hear my bro is a little down in the dumps, then back to Medford. Tuesday I had a financial aid meeting in the evening. Then Wednesday I drove to connecticut to sign the lease and start up my electric account. Today I spent an hour on the phone with various student loan lenders, got that squared away and worked out twice. Tomorrow I will be a work out guru again and try to get my iphone, then to the dean's awards dinner at night followed by sean's bday party. This weekend, graduation, will be CRAZY busy and juggling lots, I will be glad when it is over and I am a doctor officially!!!

No comments: